SMPTE Media Technology Summit Event Terms and Conditions
By Agreeing to these Terms at Registration, you hereby:
- Agree to abide by and adhere to all Event terms and policies, including the Event Code of Conduct;
- Consent to receiving information from SMPTE regarding the Event and its related activities;
- Acknowledge and agree to grant SMPTE the right to record, film, livestream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to SMPTE includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media; and
- Agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless SMPTE and its Event partners, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, contractors, volunteer staff, and successors from any and all liability that may arise directly or indirectly, now or in the future, by reason of any injury, damage, loss, or expense incurred by you or your property (in your possession or control) as a result of attending the Event;
Code of Conduct
SMPTE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all event participants and staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, exhibitors, SMPTE staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Event Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all SMPTE in-person events, including those sponsored by organizations other than SMPTE but held in conjunction with SMPTE events.
SMPTE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants or our staff during any SMPTE events or activities. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, SMPTE asks that you inform Sally-Ann D’Amato, Director of Events, and Governance Liaison, +1-914-205-2375, so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form, including, but not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings, sessions, discussions, presentations, instruction, training, demonstrations, or other events organized by SMPTE.
- Inclusion of promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services within presentations, postings, and messages, except as provided by Exhibitors and Sponsors within company profiles on the event website or within the exhibitor booth. SMPTE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of such solicitations.
- Video or audio recording, reproduction or dissemination of any content presented during the conference sessions.
- Use of any names or trademarks of SMPTE without express prior permission
SMPTE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and SMPTE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, virtually or in person.
All determinations of violations of this Code of Conduct will be made in SMPTE’s sole discretion and such decision(s) are final.
If you allow your badge to be scanned by an Exhibitor during the SMPTE Media Technology Summit you are actively consenting to the transfer of your personal data to that company. You have the right to deny being scanned in order to keep your information private. If you later wish to revoke your data from that company, you must contact them directly. If you believe you have been scanned against your wishes, please let us know at email@example.com.
Refunds / Cancellations
A full refund will be issued for all paid registrations canceled by September 30, 2022. No refunds will be given for cancellation requests received after the deadline*; however registrant substitutions may be made for a $25 fee plus any difference in Registrant Type. New registrations received after the deadline are non-refundable.
* Refunds and cancellations related to international visa denials are not subject to this deadline and affected registrants will have their registration fees refunded in full. Additionally, registrants unable to travel to the show as a direct result of Government Action in response to COVID-19 are not subject to this deadline and affected registrants will have their registration fees refunded in full. Registrants unable to attend due to a positive COVID-19 test or exposure may be eligible for a partial refund. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
SMPTE strictly follows COVID-19 safety procedures as contemplated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the State of California, Los Angeles County, and any other governing Federal or local government agency.
During your attendance at the SMPTE Media Technology Summit, you will be required to support our COVID-19 Safety and Prevention Efforts; and strictly follow our COVID-19 policies and procedures. These policies and procedures may be modified at any time in advance of or during the SMPTE Media Technology Summit 2022. SMPTE requires proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test by all attendees, exhibitors and SMPTE staff participating at the 2022 SMPTE Summit. It is recommended (but not required) that all attendees, exhibitors and staff wear masks indoors at SMPTE Summit. Other COVID-19 policies and procedures may include but are not limited to personal sanitization, social distancing, and conducting health checks such as temperature screening and/or symptom checking.
If you develop, exhibit or experience any COVID-19 symptoms while attending the SMPTE Summit, SMPTE will direct you to the designated quarantine area for further testing and instruction. Should you test positive for any COVID-19 symptom or fail any on-site health questionnaire, or as otherwise directed by SMPTE policy or procedure, you will not be admitted to the Conference or Exhibit Hall or any other area designated to the SMPTE Summit, and you may be entitled to a partial refund. SMPTE will not share your identity or personal health information with third parties unless required by law, regulation, governing rule, or court order.
COVID-19 WARNING, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ATTENDING THE SMPTE MEDIA TECHNOLOGY SUMMIT 2022
WARNING RELATED TO COVID-19 INFECTION
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious.
Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
It is not possible for SMPTE to prevent against the presence of the disease; and therefore, if you choose to attend the Summit you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. COVID-19 infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
SMPTE cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending the Summit.
The risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while attending the Summit may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of you and others, including, but not limited to, SMPTE employees, volunteers, and Summit attendees, exhibitors and venue employees.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
By agreeing to these terms at Registration, you are confirming that you have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. You assert that attending the SMPTE Media Technology Summit is of such value to you that you accept the risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19 in order to attend the Summit, and hereby declare that you choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 and you agree that you are personally responsible for your safety and actions while attending the Summit.
Policies subject to change without notice.
Last updated on June 3, 2022